Why EDR or XDR Should be a Cybersecurity Priority
LMG Security’s endpoint detection and response (EDR) and extended detection and response (XDR) solutions are a key component of an effective cybersecurity program. EDR or XDR are now a foundation of your cybersecurity defense that are frequently recommended, and sometimes required, by regulatory, insurance, and private sector customers and partners.
EDR and XDR provides attack surface monitoring and delivers:
- State-of-the-art protection that goes beyond antivirus capabilities
- Automated threat identification – Detect and eradicate threats in moments
- Fast and effective incident response tools that help minimize damage
- Foundational cybersecurity that helps you meet regulatory, insurance, and third-party requirements and recommendations
What's the Difference Between EDR and XDR?
EDR is a more robust endpoint security solution that is a step up from traditional signature-based antivirus. Leading EDR tools offer a robust integrated threat intelligence solution with continuous real-time monitoring and behavioral detection as well as immediate mitigation and response, threat hunting, and historical forensic data collection capabilities. EDR lets you quickly investigate and respond to incidents in a way that antivirus cannot. With EDR, the solution not only detects and immediately quarantines threats, but it also provides the information you need for threat hunting and includes response capabilities. To learn more about EDR, watch this 6-minute EDR video).
XDR further extends the capabilities or EDR and incorporates different data sources from your network, email, and cloud, as well as integrates with SIEM and SOAR systems. It helps provide more contextual information using deeper integration with your existing technology stack. A recent IBM report says that XDR can cut 29 days off your time to contain a breach, and as many studies have proven, faster breach containment lowers your costs from a data breach.
THE LMG DIFFERENCE
Why choose LMG Security for your endpoint detection and response needs? LMG’s unique expertise ensures that EDR fits perfectly into your existing—or growing—cybersecurity program for optimal protection.
LMG Security’s team is uniquely qualified to deploy and manage EDR. We provide:
- Curated EDR solutions, including CrowdStrike and others – your cybersecurity consultant ensures you get a strong, scalable solution that works well with your existing environment
- Trained and certified deployment consultants on staff
- A cybersecurity expert to ensure your EDR implementation reflects the latest best practices and seamlessly integrates into your broader cybersecurity program
LMG Security partners with industry leaders, such as CrowdStrike, to offer the best and most effective endpoint detection and response solution on the market. Our solutions are offered as both complete managed programs and as standalone products, so you can decide what fits your organization.
LMG Security’s endpoint detection and response and extended detection and response services include:
- Environment & needs analysis – We analyze and recommend the best fit from among our curated solutions
- Integration with your existing cybersecurity program and tools
- Annual configuration reviews, timely updates and expert advice
- Reliable protection that fits within your budget
An endpoint detection and response solution is a critical component of an effective cybersecurity program. Wherever you are in your cybersecurity journey, our experienced team can help you find the right solution to protect your organization. Contact us to learn more.