Cybersecurity first responders need to react quickly to identify data breaches and minimize potential losses. Make sure that your evidence is properly preserved in those first critical minutes after detection. This intensive online cyber incident response training seminar will teach you the fundamentals of incident response and digital forensic acquisition, including incident planning, detection, and communications; chain-of-custody and evidence preservation fundamentals; volatile memory acquisition, hard drive imaging, and network-based evidence acquisition.
Get hands-on cyber incident response training experience taking a forensics image, preserving volatile memory, and capturing network traffic. Designed for staff that are responsible for triage, evidence preservation and incident response. Bring your caffeine and be ready!
$445 Sale Price ends October 15th, 2020 $495 Regular Price by October 22nd, 2020
$545 Late Registration by October 29th, 2020
Who Should Take This Cyber Incident Response Training Course:
- IT staff tasked with responsibility for detecting and triage of incidents on computer systems
- Incident response team members who are involved in responding to data breaches
- Help Desk staff that may be the first point of contact for reports of suspicious activity
- Anyone with a general technical background who might be asked to respond to a suspected cybersecurity incident
- Incident Detection and Triage
- Evidence Preservation Fundamentals
- Volatile Evidence Collection (RAM & more)
- Hard Drive Imaging
- Network-Based Evidence Acquisition
What You’ll Receive:
- LMG’s downloadable Kali Linux VM, configured with digital forensics tools
- Lab workbook
- Sample Incident Response Policies
- Linux command line cheat sheet
Important Pre-Class Prep:
- You will need to use a Windows, Mac or Linux computer
to access the lab environment. A tablet/iPad will NOT work.
- Class includes an interactive tabletop exercise.
- LMG Security will register you in Zoom and send you a link for the course.
- You will be given access to your own virtual workstation in the Azure cloud, which can be accessed using an RDP client. We will send additional setup details in the next few days.
- You will need a laptop with a decent Internet connection and at least 8G of RAM.
8:30am to 5:30pm MDT Thursday, November 5th, 2020
Sherri Davidoff – Sherri is the CEO of LMG Security and the author of the recently released book “Data Breaches.” As a recognized expert in cybersecurity and data breach response, Sherri has been called a “security badass” by The New York Times. She has conducted cybersecurity training for many distinguished organizations, including the Department of Defense, the American Bar Association, FFIEC/FDIC, and many more. She is a faculty member at the Pacific Coast Banking School, and an instructor for Black Hat, where she teaches her “Data Breaches” course. She is also the co-author of Network Forensics: Tracking Hackers Through Cyberspace (Prentice Hall, 2012), a noted security text in the private sector and a college textbook for many cybersecurity courses. Sherri is a GIAC-certified forensic examiner (GCFA) and penetration tester (GPEN), and holds her degree in Computer Science and Electrical Engineering from MIT. She has also been featured as the protagonist in the book, Breaking and Entering: The Extraordinary Story of a Hacker Called “Alien”.
Matt Durrin manages the incident response and R & D teams at LMG Security. He is an instructor at the international Black Hat USA conference, where he teaches “Data Breaches” He regularly conducts cybersecurity webinars and seminars for hundreds of attendees in all sectors, including banking, retail, health care, government and more. A seasoned forensics professional, Matt specializes in incident response, ransomware cases, cryptojacking, and banking trojans. Matt holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science from the University of Montana and previously worked as a “blue team” field technician/system administrator for over 10 years. His malware research was recently featured on NBC Nightly News.